Sunday, March 1, 2009

My first blog.

Have you ever woke up one day and realized you were living your favorite song whether you wanted to or not. The first time I heard “Tangled Up in Blue,” I could not make sense of it. After a while I began to realize it is simply about life, just walking through it with mix of near inappropriate optimism and wonder and taking note of the small things that make up the big picture. However, my new found fascination with the song stems from something a little bit more literal. “I had a job in the great north woods working as a cook for a spell…so I drifted down to new Orleans…but all the while I was alone, with the past close behind” Just reverse that line, and you pretty much have the last few years of my life. I have spent my whole life living in some sort of city until now, now I live in the frozen woods of northern Minnesota, and it is surprisingly a pretty interesting place. I figure as I enter into this new chapter of my life, I would write my adventures on this internet thing.

I am new to this whole blog thing, but it seems fun, and maybe slightly narcissistic to think people actually want to read it, but hey it gives me something to do. Still deciding what this is all going to be about, but will most likely be a mix of my thoughts on my favorite things bad tv, various sports, philosophy, candy, alcohol, music, and whatever may be wandering through my head on any given day. Basically an attempt at me to attempt to be funny and entertaining. I have some interesting, well at least amusing, topics planned and will try to update a few times a week. I am still working on all of the formatting and stuff so expect this to look nicer and more creative eventually, and any tips or suggestions on formatting is greatly appreciated.

I assume if you are reading this, you probably know me. If you don’t know me then hello new people. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I think I may add a little thing at the end of each entry called “song of the day/post” or whatever where I will have my favorite song that day and why it is my favorite…

Song of the day: Girls Aloud “Can’t Speak French”
Why: It makes me smile

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates