Wednesday, April 15, 2009

< I know, I know… I have been doing all sports posts lately, but I have not had time to work on anything else. I do have some interesting things planned for the next few weeks on blog, but I am still organizing so stay tuned.

Football I
Whew big big weekend in sports. I managed to go the whole weekend without watching any football. It was not really by choice, I was visiting family who do not have sports packages on their cable, silly them. Anyways both Chelsea and Real Madrid won. I saw a bit of the replay of the Chelsea game, it was crazy up 4 goals and then conceded 3, but still won.

Golf
I did get to watch a bit of the masters. Angel Cabrera won, it was a three-way sudden death…pretty exciting stuff. Bendy McBenderson, Camilo Villegas finished tied for 12th (I think, too lazy to go back and look it up). Other exciting golf news, the tour championship is coming to Minnesota and I am about 94% sure I have tickets lined up, sooooo excited!!!

Football II
Now the real excitement, the Champions League!! The semi-finals are set Chelsea v. Barca and ManU v. Arsenal. The second leg of the annual Chelsea/Liverpool game was a thriller to say the least. 4-4 on the night and Chels won 7-5 on aggregate. I had a great time chatting with some of the blues babes on twitter during the game. I think my heart stopped about 6 times and I passed out from holding my breath another 4-5 times. It was a great great nerve wracking game but Chelsea won in the end and that is all that matters. Now as you know I do not have the highest opinion on ‘Pool but you gotta respect the fighting spirit they came to the bridge with, but Chelsea was just not going to let themselves lose the game. There was a great link up goal between Anelka and Drogba, two brilliant goals from Super Frankie Lampard, and an excellent goal off of a free kick by Alex. I am just so proud of the boys in blue right now, and there is a potential of a rematch of last years final with ManU. However, to get there we must go through Barcelona, who as I have mentioned many times on here, is playing ridiculously good this season. I could go on and on about my thoughts on the Barca tie, which I am sure I will at a later date.

That’s all for now, and as I said I will have some more new things going on in here once I get myself settled and organized after a long weekend of far too much drinking.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates