Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ROGER WON THE FRENCH OPEN!!

I am still in shock, but YES my Roger finally won the French Open!! I was in tears Sunday morning, it was so great to see. Everyone had written him off when it came to Roland Garros, but he did it, and now has the career slam. During the last game when he was serving for the title I was reminded just why I love him so much. When the camera would zoom in you could see the emotion on his face, he looked seconds awa from tears. He was already up two sets and you could see him making mistakes, but he knew he had the title and it was just so great to see that raw emotion.
Photobucket

I have watched Fed win a whole lot of Grand Slams, and seen him emotional after each one. This one was different. It was almost like he was winning his first one, he did not know what to do. It is pretty amazing seeing a man who has just tied the record for most Grand Slams in shock that he won another one. It was not the same without Rafa there, but I don’t think it takes away from Fed’s win. I know it would mean more to him if it was Rafa out there, but I think that stems from their respect for one another. Such an amazing rivalry, and what is so amazing about it is t ehir incredible sportsmanship and respect for one another. When they play one another in a final they both play at a super human level because both know the other deserves nothing less.

I think one of the best things about this is people will finally give Roger the credit he deserves as a clay player. People always saw it as a weakness because he never won at Roland Garros and they over look just how dominate he is on clay. I think the only person who ever beat him in the French Open is Rafa (maybe one other guy waaaaay back). As one of the commentators said early in the tournament “people always talk about Federer’s problems on clay, but the only problem he has ever had on clay is named Rafa Nadal.”

Okay will stop gushing now. Oh and will leave you with the other reason I love Roger.
Photobucket
mmmmm (thanks for the pics misty ☺)

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates